Another Blog to Read, If You Are Into Reading Blogs Occasionally very grumpy.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's the 211?

For my own odd reasons I am calling LA County's 211 service today . . . and the first thing you get on the menu is, "For information regarding Swine Flu, press . . . "

Is it just me, or is the constant stream of pandemics both completely boring and sort of suspect? I mean, I know people have died, but people die of all sorts of things all the time. Including communicable diseases. You know? I may be proven wrong: I felt the same way about natural disasters until the huge typhoon, followed by Hurricane K. Felt like a real creep back then.

.

1 comment:

Daniel Ahkiam said...

Yes! The only legitimate disasters are earthquakes. Please remember to remain extremely scared of them despite their low ranking on cause of deaths lists. My company thanks you.